Tuesday 28 December 2010

Direct Mail Done!

These are the designs for my yo!sushi Berlin direct mail, included here are the front and back designs and I hope to get a prototype made to show soon...

 

The concept of my direct mail is aesthetically in keeping with my brand style and ethos by creating an old/grunge style letter, but with an advertising twist whereas yo!sushi chopsticks are sent with the letter and if brought to the restaurant the customer receives a complimentary dish. My idea came from an old fashioned telegram which used to be a popular and effective way of getting news to someone quickly, with some added different effects this would be in keeping with my style and link in with the history of Berlin.


 I also chose to use mailing tubes instead of ordinary packaging, not only does it stand out from the common mail, but it will also allow me to roll my 'telegram' and safely package the chopsticks inside with as well. These could be made to look dated too or simply kept plain. 


 I am happy with the route I chose for my direct mail and with the overall outcome. I toyed with the idea of being more outlandish such as the concrete slab or candle letter I found in my research, but with costs and the environment in mind, I think mine is affective and serves it's purpose well.

UPDATE



Here are some pictures of the prototype I made.

No comments:

Post a Comment