Monday 3 January 2011

Evaluation

On the whole I feel I have achieved what I set out to do in this Graphics & Branding Brief. Back at the start when we were to decide on what city to rebrand the yo!sushi restaurant in, I remember being positive that I was never going to feel inspired or motivated no matter where I chose and was looking for the easiest option. However, after deeper research into such places as New York, Amsterdam and Berlin my mind started to kick into gear and I felt like I was really starting to get my head round this whole Branding idea.

In the end I settled on Berlin, not only because I have been there on a number of occasions and have friends there, but because of its dark and troublesome past, its vibrant popular culture and its very much positive future. There was so much that I was learning about German and about Berlin in particular, so many iconic figures, historical events, amazing landmarks and vastly diverse culture, it simply had everything there as my building blocks to creating my designs and ultimately a brand identity.

With my design outcomes, I am beyond happy with how my restaurant mural turned out. I changed my mind so many times until something clicked and everything started to slot together. Focussed on the grunge style of Berlin with its graffiti and the Berlin wall, I aimed to forge a blend between the history and the present day, and am really happy with the design influences that I chose as they aided my progress greatly. If I was too do this all over again, I think I would have been more creative with some of the other design elements like direct mail and the menu, because there are so many unique ways to do those things that I didn't know about until my final research stages. However, I believe that I have met the demands of the brief accurately and to a high standard, and am very happy with the outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment