Wednesday 20 October 2010

German Cuisine.

When it comes to food, germany simply cannot get enough of it. I went to Germany last weekend and stayed in Dusseldorf, and it was evident that they had a bit of everything on offer. During my stay I sampled greek, turkish and indian foods, and there were many more on offer such as italian, chinese and american, but what I really wanted was to get a taste of what the Germans call tradition. Before I went all I knew was that they liked meat and beer, and I wasn't wrong, but there is far more to the German cuisine than this and I also wanted to see if there was a market for yo!sushi in such a culture.




It soon became apparent that a big part of german cuisine was 'street food' such as bratwurst (hotdogs) and large pretzels. And I realised that it wasn't just because they meat and bread, but because they were quick, cheap and tasty.

One place where this food is very popular is in train stations. The vibe in Germany seems to be that everybody needs to be somewhere in a hurry, and this is most noticeable in stations where there are many different shops and venders and where it is not unusual to see a smartly dressed business man perched outside a cafe/restaurant quickly devouring a sandwich. 

This whole idea of needing something quick, cheap and tasty fits right into Yo!Sushi's ethos, and the Germans aren't any different to the rest of us when it comes to looking out for that healthier option, or at least knowing we should, so I thoroughly believe that Berlin, Germany would be the perfect location for a yo!sushi branch.


No comments:

Post a Comment